20 ways to have fun without the food:
2. If parents want to bring something in to share with the class then ask them to give non-food party favors. Such as matchbox cars, bouncy balls, stickers and activity books.
3. Ask parents to purchase a book for the classroom in the birthday child's name. Read it to the class or invite the child's parents to come in and read it to the class.
4. Play games or have the children create their own board game and share it with the class.
5. Children love show and tell. Have the birthday child bring in something special to share with the class.
6. Offer extra recess time on special holidays.
7. During holiday parties, play games, make crafts and do fun activities.
8. Children love to be silly and dance, so during a celebration have a dance party.
9. Instead of a party, have the classroom plan a special community service project.
10. Have a special chair for the birthday child to sit in all day or let them be line leader for the day.
11. Watch a fun movie!
12. Eat lunch outside or have class outside.
13. No homework for the day.
14. Offer extra time on the computer.
15. Free choice time.
16. Arrange for a special guests to come into the classroom.
17. Allow a student to be the teacher's helper for the day.
18. Create a rewards chart and the person with the most rewards gets something special. Non-Food of course.
19. Reward children with a ribbon, certificate, plaque or a trophy.
20. Eat lunch with the teacher or the principal.